The XCalibur1600 is a high-performance, 6U cPCI, single board computer supporting Freescale QorIQ P3, P4, and P5 processors. With eight Power Architecture® e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz, the P4080 delivers enhanced performance and efficiency for today’s embedded computing applications.
The P4080 processor brings the raw power of eight e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz and dual-channel DDR3 memory, delivering unparalleled multi-core performance. For applications which are more power conscious, the P3041 processor offers four e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz with a single channel of DDR3 memory, all within a significantly reduced power envelope. Applications requiring the performance of a true 64-bit processor are satisfied by the P5020 processor, which offers dual e5500 cores running at up to 2 GHz and beyond with high-performance Floating-Point Units and dual-channel DDR3 memory. Additional reduced-function processors are available to meet any power and performance budget.
The XCalibur1600 is a powerful, feature-rich solution for the next generation of compute-intensive embedded applications. Wind River VxWorks, Linux, and Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP Board Support Packages (BSPs) are available.
- Freescale QorIQ P4080 processor
- Eight Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- 128 kB L2 cache per core
- 1 MB L3 cache per channel
- IEEE 754 Floating-Point Unit (FPU) support
Alternate Processor Configurations
- P3041 processor with four PowerPC e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P4040 processor with four PowerPC e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P5010 processor with one 64-bit PowerPC e5500 core at up to 2 GHz
- P5020 processor with two 64-bit PowerPC e5500 cores at up to 2 GHz
- Up to 16 GB of DDR3-1333 ECC SDRAM in two channels (8 GB each)
- Up to 512 MB of NOR flash (with redundancy)
- Up to 64 GB of CPU NAND flash
- 66 MHz 64-bit PCI interface to J1 and J2
- PICMG 2.1 (Hot Swap support)
- PICMG 2.3 (PMC I/O to J3 and J5)
- PICMG 2.9 (dedicated IPMI Controller)
- PICMG 2.16 (two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet ports)
- PCI-X (64/32-bit, 100/66 MHz)
- PCI (64/32-bit, 66/33 MHz)
- x4 PCI Express port to J15 and J25 (XMC)
- Two SATA ports capable of 3 Gb/s to J16 (optional)
- XAUI to XMC site (optional)
Front Panel I/O (Optional)
- Two RS-232 serial ports
- One Gigabit Ethernet port
- One USB 2.0 port
- General-purpose LEDs
- Two RS-232/422/485 serial ports
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports
- PMC I/O
- Up to two USB 2.0 ports
- Onboard management controller
- Linux BSP
- Wind River VxWorks BSP
- Greens Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP BSP
Contact factory for appropriate board configuration based on environmental requirements.
- Supported ruggedization levels (see the X-ES Ruggedization Chart): 1, 3, 5
- Conformal coating available as an ordering option
- Power will vary based on configuration and usage. Please consult factory.
To view all of the information about this product in a PDF, please download the data sheet.
SupportNet is your source for product information, technical support and software downloads.