The XCalibur1641 is a high-performance, 6U VPX, single board computer supporting Freescale QorIQ P3, P4, and P5 processors. With eight Power Architecture® e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz, the P4080 delivers enhanced performance and efficiency for today’s embedded computing applications.
The P4080 processor brings the raw power of eight e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz and dual-channel DDR3 memory, delivering unparalleled multi-core performance. For applications which are more power conscious, the P3041 processor offers four e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz with a single channel of DDR3 memory, all within a significantly reduced power envelope. Applications requiring the performance of a true 64-bit processor are satisfied by the P5020 processor, which offers dual e5500 cores running at up to 2 GHz and beyond with high-performance Floating-Point Units and dual-channel DDR3 memory. Additional reduced-function processors are available to meet any power and performance budget.
The XCalibur1641 is a powerful, feature-rich solution for the next generation of compute-intensive embedded applications. Operating system support for Wind River VxWorks, Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP, QNX Neutrino, LynuxWorks LynxOS, and Linux is available.
- Freescale QorIQ P4080 processor
- Eight Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- 128 kB L2 cache per core
- 1 MB L3 cache per channel
- IEEE 754 Floating-Point Unit (FPU) support
- Alternate processor configurations offered, see below.
Alternate Processor Configurations
- P3041 processor with four Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P4040 processor with four Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P5010 processor with one 64-bit Power Architecture® e5500 core at up to 2 GHz
- P5020 processor with two 64-bit Power Architecture® e5500 cores at up to 2 GHz
- 2 to 16 GB of dual-channel DDR3 ECC SDRAM at up to 1333 MHz
- Up to 512 MB of NOR flash (with redundancy)
- Up to 64 GB of CPU NAND flash
- VITA 46.0
- VITA 46.11 (System Management on VPX)
- VITA 46.4 (two x4 PCIe lanes to P1)
- VITA 46.7 (two 1000BASE-TX and two 1000BASE-BX Ethernet ports to P4)
- VITA 46.9 (PMC and XMC I/O to P3, P4, P5, P6, mapping P3w1P4-P64s+X12d+X8d)
- One or two USB 2.0 ports to P6
- XAUI to P2
- Two SATA ports capable of 3 Gb/s to P2 (optional)
- PCI-X (64/32-bit, 100/66 MHz)
- PCI (64/32-bit, 66/33 MHz)
- x8 PCI Express port to J15 and J25 (XMC)
Front Panel I/O (Optional)
- Two RS-232 serial ports
- One Gigabit Ethernet port
- One USB 2.0 (optional)
- General-purpose LEDs
- Onboard management controller
- VITA 46.11 Tier 1 and Tier 2 IPMI Controller (IPMC)
- Linux BSP
- Wind River VxWorks BSP
- Greens Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP BSP
- QNX Neutrino BSP (contact factory)
- LynuxWorks LynxOS BSP (contact factory)
Contact factory for appropriate board configuration based on environmental requirements.
- Supported ruggedization levels (see the X-ES Ruggedization Chart): 1, 3, 5
- Conformal coating available as an ordering option
- Power will vary based on configuration and usage. Please consult factory.
To view all of the information about this product in a PDF, please download the data sheet.
SupportNet is your source for product information, technical support and software downloads.