The XCalibur4500 is a high-performance 6U CompactPCI single board computer that is ideal for ruggedized systems requiring high-bandwidth processing and low power consumption. With the 5th generation Intel® Core™ i7 Broadwell-H processor, the XCalibur4500 delivers superior performance and efficiency for today’s network information processing and high performance embedded computing applications. The XCalibur4500 leverages Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics for graphics-intensive tasks and serves as a general purpose GPU for demanding data processing applications.
The XCalibur4500 provides up to 16 GB DDR3L-1600 ECC SDRAM in two separate channels, two XMC/PrPMC slots, and up to 64 GB of NAND flash. The XCalibur4500 also hosts numerous I/O ports, including Gigabit Ethernet, USB, SATA, graphics, and RS-232/422/485 serial ports through the backplane connectors.
The XCalibur4500 is a powerful, feature-rich solution for the next generation of compute-intensive embedded applications. Wind River VxWorks and Linux Board Support Packages (BSPs) are available, as well as Microsoft Windows drivers.
- 5th generation Intel® Core™ i7 (Broadwell-H)
- 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7 (Haswell)
- Integrated high-performance 3D graphics controller
- Up to Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 6200
- Up to 16 GB of DDR3L-1600 ECC SDRAM in two channels
- Up to 64 GB of NAND flash
- 64 MB NOR boot flash
- 64 kB EEPROM
- 66 MHz 64-bit PCI interface to J1 and J2
- PICMG 2.1 (Hot Swap support)
- PICMG 2.3 (PMC I/O to P3 and P5)
- PICMG 2.9 (dedicated IPMI controller)
- PICMG 2.16 (two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet ports)
- PCI-X (32/64-bit, 66/100 MHz)
- PCI (32/64-bit, 33/66 MHz)
XMC (VITA 42.3)
- x8 PCI Express Gen3-capable
Front Panel I/O (Optional)
- Dual-Mode DisplayPort interface
- One 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet port
- One USB 2.0 port
- General-purpose LEDs
Rear Panel I/O
- Two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet ports
- Four SATA ports capable of 3 Gb/s
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- HDMI/DVI-D or Dual-Mode DisplayPort interface
- Two RS-232/422/485 serial ports
- 3.3 V GPIO signals
- PMC I/O
- Non-volatile memory write protection
- Optional Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- IEEE 1588 support on two Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT) supported by Intel® vPro™ Technology
- Wind River VxWorks BSP
- Linux BSP
- Microsoft Windows drivers
- Contact factory for availability of Green Hills INTEGRITY, QNX Neutrino, and LynuxWorks LynxOS BSPs
- 6U CompactPCI conduction- or air-cooled form factor
- Dimensions: 233 mm x 160 mm
Contact factory for appropriate board configuration based on environmental requirements.
- Supported ruggedization levels (see the X-ES Ruggedization Chart): 1, 3, 5
- Conformal coating available as an ordering option
- Thermal performance will vary based on CPU frequency and application
- Power will vary based on configuration and usage. Please consult factory.
To view all of the information about this product in a PDF, please download the data sheet.
SupportNet is your source for product information, technical support and software downloads.