The XPedite5430 is a conduction- or air-cooled 3U CompactPCI (cPCI) single board computer supporting Freescale QorIQ P3, P4, and P5 processors. With a number of processor options to choose from, X-ES can provide a product to meet the specific power and performance requirements of today’s embedded computing applications.
The P4080 processor brings the raw power of eight e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz and dual-channel DDR3 memory, delivering unparalleled multi-core performance. For applications which are more power conscious, the P3041 processor offers four e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz with a single channel of DDR3 memory, all within a significantly reduced power envelope. Applications requiring the performance of a true 64-bit processor are satisfied by the P5020 processor which offers dual e5500 cores running at up to 2 GHz and beyond with high performance Floating-Point Units and dual-channel DDR3 memory. Additional reduced function processors are available to meet any power and performance budget.
The XPedite5430 provides a high-performance, feature-rich solution for current and future generations of embedded applications. Operating system support packages for the XPedite5430 include Wind River VxWorks, Linux, and Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP.
- Freescale P4080 processor
- Eight Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- 128 kB L2 cache per core
- 1 MB L3 cache per channel
- IEEE 754 Floating-Point Unit (FPU) support
Alternate Processor Configurations
- P3041 processor with four Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P4040 processor with four Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P4080 processor with eight Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P5010 processor with one 64-bit Power Architecture® e5500 core at up to 2 GHz
- P5020 processor with two 64-bit Power Architecture® e5500 cores at up to 2 GHz
- Up to 8 GB of (4 GB each) DDR3-1333 ECC SDRAM in two channels
- Up to 512 MB of NOR flash (with redundancy)
- Up to 32 GB of NAND flash
J1 cPCI Interface
- 32-bit PCI interface operating at 33 or 66 MHz
- System controller capable with onboard clocking and arbitration
- Peripheral slot capable
J2 cPCI Interface
- Two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet ports
- Two RS-232/422/485 serial ports
- Two GPIO signals
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- Two SATA ports capable of 3 Gb/s (optional)
- 32-bit, 66 MHz PCI bus (PMC interface)
- x4 PCI Express port to P15 (XMC interface)
- XAUI to P16 (optional)
- Two SATA ports capable of 3 Gb/s to P16 (optional)
Front Panel I/O
- Front panel, dual RJ-45 Ethernet, micro-DB-9 RS-232 serial port, and USB 2.0 port available via optional plugover module
- Linux BSP
- Wind River VxWorks BSP
- Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP BSP
- Conduction- or air-cooled 3U CompactPCI form factor
- Dimensions: 100 mm x 160 mm
Contact factory for appropriate board configuration based on environmental requirements.
- Supported ruggedization levels (see the X-ES Ruggedization Chart): 1, 3, 5
- Conformal coating available as an ordering option
- Power will vary based on configuration and usage. Please consult factory.
To view all of the information about this product in a PDF, please download the data sheet.
SupportNet is your source for product information, technical support and software downloads.