The XPedite5470 is a high performance 3U VPX-REDI single board computer supporting NXP (formerly Freescale) QorIQ P3, P4, and P5 processors. With a number of processor options to choose from, X-ES can provide a product to meet the specific power and performance requirements of today’s embedded computing applications.
The P4080 processor brings the raw power of eight e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz and dual-channel DDR3 memory, delivering unparalleled multi-core performance. For applications which are more power conscious, the P3041 processor offers four e500mc cores running at up to 1.5 GHz with a single channel of DDR3 memory, all within a significantly reduced power envelope. Applications requiring the performance of a true 64-bit processor are satisfied by the P5020 processor which offers dual e5500 cores running at up to 2 GHz and beyond with high performance Floating-Point Units and dual-channel DDR3 memory. Additional reduced function processors are available to meet any power and performance budget.
The XPedite5470 provides a ruggedized, high-performance, feature-rich solution to support the next generation of rugged embedded applications. Wind River VxWorks, Linux, and Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP Board Support Packages (BSPs) are available.
- NXP (formerly Freescale) QorIQ P4080 processor
- Eight Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- 128 kB L2 cache per core
- 1 MB L3 cache per channel
- IEEE 754 Floating-Point Unit (FPU) support
Alternate Processor Configurations
- P3041 processor with four Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P4040 processor with four Power Architecture® e500mc cores at up to 1.5 GHz
- P5010 processor with one 64-bit Power Architecture® e5500 core at up to 2 GHz
- P5020 processor with two 64-bit Power Architecture® e5500 cores at up to 2 GHz
- Up to 8 GB (4 GB each) of DDR3-1333 ECC SDRAM in two channels
- Up to 512 MB of NOR flash (with redundancy)
- Up to 32 GB of NAND flash
VPX (VITA 46) P1 I/O
- x4 PCI Express or Serial RapidIO Fat Pipe to P1.A
- x4 PCI Express or Serial RapidIO Fat Pipe to P1.B
- Two SerDes Gigabit Ethernet ports (or one 10/100/1000BASE-T port out P1 and one 10/100/1000BASE-T port out P2)
- X12d XMC P16 I/O
VPX (VITA 46) P2 I/O
- One 10/100/1000BASE-T port (when two SerDes Gigabit Ethernet P1 ports are not used)
- Up to two RS-232/422/485 serial ports
- Up to two USB 2.0 ports
- I²C port
- 3.3 V GPIO signals
- P64s PMC P14 I/O (optional)
- Two SATA ports capable of 3 Gb/s (optional)
- 32-bit, 66 MHz PCI bus (PMC interface)
- x4 PCIe port (XMC interface)
- P64s P14 I/O support (optional)
- X12d P16 I/O support
- Two SATA ports capable of 3 Gb/s to P16 (optional)
Front Panel I/O
- Front panel RJ-45 Ethernet, micro-DB-9 RS-232 serial ports, and USB available via optional plugover module
- Linux BSP
- Wind River VxWorks BSP
- Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 tuMP BSP
- 3U VPX-REDI conduction- or air-cooled form factor
- Dimensions: 100 mm x 160 mm
- 0.8 in. pitch without solder-side cover
- 0.85 and 1.0 in. pitch with solder-side cover
Contact factory for appropriate board configuration based on environmental requirements.
- Supported ruggedization levels (see the X-ES Ruggedization Chart): 1, 3, 5
- Conformal coating available as an ordering option
- Power will vary based on configuration and usage. Please consult factory.
To view all of the information about this product in a PDF, please download the datasheet.
SupportNet is your source for product manuals, technical support, and software downloads.