Rugged Small Form Factor (SFF) COTS 20-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch and Router with Cisco® IOS™
The XPand6206 is a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Rugged 20-Port Gigabit Ethernet switch and router that maximizes performance while minimizing SWaP. With a compact design and weighing less than nine pounds, the XPand6206 is the smallest available, truly rugged, Ethernet switch to support this amount of networking performance and functionality.
The XPand6206 provides a SWaP-optimized alternative to traditionally larger slot-based systems; it is an actual Small Form Factor (SFF) system based on two COTS XChange3013 3U VPX Gigabit Ethernet switches. The XChange3013 delivers full wire speed across all of its ports and supports jumbo packets up to 13 KB. It supports IPv6, Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE), and a comprehensive set of IETF RFCs and IEEE protocols. The XPedite5205 Cisco® IOS™ Router XMC can be installed on the XChange3013 to provide highly secure data, voice, and video communications to stationary and mobile network nodes. The XChange3013 optionally supports compliance with the VICTORY specification as an Infrastructure Switch and Router.
This fully ruggedized system is designed to meet the rigorous standards of MIL-STD-810 and DO-160, while integrating the latest power-saving and performance-enhancing technology. The heat from the internal conduction-cooled modules is conducted to sidewall heat exchangers, where it is dissipated to the ambient environment by convection cooling or to an attached cold plate by conduction cooling. The system includes an integrated 28 VDC power supply and MIL-STD-461 EMI filtering.
- Rugged 20-port 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet switch
- Optional XPedite5205 Cisco® IOS™ Gigabit Ethernet Embedded Services Router
- Optional Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing management with extensive IEEE protocol and IETF RFC support
- Optional VICTORY Infrastructure Switch and Router support
- Small Form Factor (SFF) sub-½ ATR system
- Conduction- or convection-cooled chassis
- Physical dimensions of 4.88 in. (W), 3.61 in. (H), 8.90 in. (L)
- Includes two XChange3013 Gigabit Ethernet switches
- Integrated 28 VDC power supply
- MIL-STD-461 E/F EMI filtering
- Environmentally sealed
- Circular connector support
- 4.88 in. (W), 3.61 in. (H), 8.90 in. (L)
- Weighs approx. 8 lbs.
- Two XChange3013 3U VPX Gigabit Ethernet switches
- Twenty 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet ports
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- Support for Jumbo Frames up to 13 KB
- Advanced cable open/short detection
- Energy Efficient Ethernet™ support
- Non-blocking, full wire-speed
- Optional IEEE 1588v2 and SyncE support
Optional Ethernet Management Features
- Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing
- Extensive IEEE protocol and IETF RFC support
- Configuration through CLI or SNMP
- 196 MB packet buffer
- VICTORY Infrastructure Switch and Router support
- XPedite5205 Cisco® IOS™ Gigabit Ethernet Embedded Services Router XMC
- Integrated power supply
- MIL-STD-704 28 VDC input voltage support
- MIL-STD-461 EMI filtering
- Additional power supply options available
- The system is designed and tested to operate in ambient temperatures down to -40°C and extreme high temperatures. Maximum operating temperature is dependent on configuration and usage. Contact X-ES for further information.